Louise joined Chalk & Behrendt as a Consultant in 2018, having recently worked as counsel for a large Australian commercial firm, advising on a broad range of complex and novel transactional and litigious legal matters.
Louise has also led the in-house legal team of a national medical defence organisation.
Louise has extensive experience providing risk management and policy advice in aspects of law and policy affecting individual and corporate clients, governments and statutory authorities.Experience
- Conducting the defence of civil, criminal, coronial, industrial, disciplinary and administrative law disputes
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements
- Acting for the Commonwealth in the defence of a Federal Court class action
- Providing specialist advice on medico-legal issues
- Leading and in-house legal department
- Advising clients in relation to risk management and strategy
- Administrative law advice and litigation
- Policy making and advocacy
- Pro bono, including estate planning for indigenous and disabled clients