Alice joined Chalk & Behrendt in 2018, having previously worked as a lawyer in the United Kingdom Government Legal Department, a legal officer at the Special Court for Sierra Leone in The Hague and a litigation lawyer at a large Australian commercial firm. Alice was also a Principal Policy Officer in Aboriginal Affairs NSW, where she was involved in a review of the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983 (NSW) which resulted in a series of significant reforms to the Act.
Alice previously interned at the Native Title Services Corporation, the Central Land Council and was a tipstaff to the Hon. Justice McColl (Court of Appeal of New South Wales).Experience
- Advising in relation to the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983 (NSW) and native title issues
- Managing large scale and complex litigation matters
- Advising in relation to statutory compliance and governance matters
- Proceedings in the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal of New South Wales and proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia
- Policy development and advocacy